Roganto Winery arises from the passion for wine and for creating products of great expression.
In the year of 1987, Rogelio Sánchez del Palacio and Antonio Luis Escalante Domínguez, given the passion they had for wine, undertook the ambitious project of launching their own winery. It wasn’t until 2001 that they released their first wine.
The vineyard is located in the San Jacinto Valley south of Ensenada, B.C. between the valleys of Santo Tomás and San Vicente. The vineyard is continuously expanding – it currently has 14 hectares for production and 10 hectares in the process of planting and development.
Sommeliers will say “Roganto is like the devil: everyone talks about him but nobody has seen him”. This began to create a legend surrounding Roganto’s wines. In 2001 their annual production was 125 wine cases and by 2014 the winery has an annual production of 10,000 cases.
- San Diego International Wine Competition Silver Medal Cabernet-Sauvignon 2001 (among 400 wines)
- Grupo Enológico México distinguished 2002 Cabernet-Sauvignon wine as the best premium Mexican red wine.
- Grupo Enológico México distinguished 2002 Cabernet-Sauvignon wine in international competition in ultra-premium wines in fifth place.
- In the year 2005, Cabernet-Sauvignon 2003 was in third place in the tasting of the seventh day. (Mexican wines)
- Competition: Ensenada Tierra del Vino-Gold Medal, Cabernet-Sauvignon 2005
- Competition: Ensenada Tierra del Vino-Gold Medal, Cabernet-Sauvignon 2006
- Contest: Ensenada Tierra del Vino-Grand Gold Medal, Cabernet-Sauvignon 2013
Alcohol Grade: 13.9%
Production: 5,400 bottles
Aged 24 months in French Oak Barrel
Aging Capacity 6 years
Size: 750 ml